27th January 2017
GALATIANS 3 v. 10 – 14
‘For as many as are of the works of the law are under a curse; for it is written, ‘Cursed is everyone who does not abide by ALL THINGS written in the book of the law, and performs them.’
Now that no-one is justified by the law before God is clear, for ‘The righteous person will live BY FAITH.’
However, the law is not of faith, on the contrary, ‘He who practices them shall live by them’.
Christ redeemed us from the curse of the law, having become a curse for us – for it is written, ‘Cursed is everyone who hangs on a tree’ – in order that in Christ Jesus the blessing of Abraham might come to the Gentiles, so that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.’
The law could only lead us to righteousness if it were possible for us (apart from God / the Spirit) to live it out completely and without any fault or failing. Impossible for us. Possible for God, through Christ, to enable us to be made right through Jesus’ self-offering, ’embodying ‘the curse’ for us’, and nailing it to the cross with Him.
His defeat over death is our promise of new, eternal, perfect life, which we can begin to taste today.
‘With God’s help, we will’….become ‘holy as He is holy’.
Let go, and let God.
And thank Him for all He has made possible – for ‘all people’.
Amazing God of amazing grace,
thank You that You made a way
for us to ‘right with You’.
Precious Saviour Jesus,
thank You that You took onto Yourself
all the sin and shame, all the wrong and pain,
and saw it dead and buried
in Your name, and in Your frame.
Your resurrection is our hope of eternity, here and now.
purify us, make us whole,
that our lives may reflect
Your amazing grace
Your self-sacrificing love
Your endless power and glory
now and forever.
Wonder at the divine exchange on the cross –
the curse and the shame becomes the glory and the eternal gain for us,
and take some time to praise and adore our all-gracious God.
All posts in Galatians:
- The final word…GRACE.
- A new creation, bearing the marks of Jesus
- May I never boast except in the cross…
- Continue to do good to all…the harvest is coming!
- Taking responsibility, and sharing all good things
- Live by the Spirit – restore, carry burdens, be alongside…
- The right way – fruitful living
- The wrong way – the way of the flesh
- Walk by the Spirit, led by the Spirit
- Freed to serve, freed to love
- Get back on track
- Danger – falling away from grace
- Freedom…true freedom
- Children of Promise
- ‘Who do you think you are…?’
- In labour…until Christ is birthed in you
- Paul received as an angel from God….
- How could you turn back again….?
- Adopted in His family – Abba – Father, God.
- All are ONE in Christ
- Standing on the promises of God
- Living the ‘promise’
- Great things He has done – so loved He the world
- Through you, all people shall be blessed
- Receive the Spirit, by faith not works
- New life, through faith in Christ, alone…
- Masking the truth….
- God has no favourites….and remember the poor
- Guard against ‘false brothers’, and ‘fake news’ (to quote someone else, today…!)
- Persecutor becomes proclaimer!
- Taking time out…to be with Jesus
- Life changing encounters with Jesus
- ‘Super-good news’ revealed directly through Jesus
- No other gospel
- In a nutshell… the gospel
- Grace and Peace to you
- Living to serve Christ, to please God, and not people…
- Sent by the Lord am I
- What’s In A Name?