21st February 2017
GALATIANS 6 v. 4 – 6
‘Each one should test their own actions. Then they can take pride in themselves alone, without comparing themselves to someone else,
for each one should carry their own load.
Nevertheless, the one who receives instruction in the word should share all good things with their instructor.’
Paul recognises that our discipleship is our own responsibility – each one of us should carry our own cross – we are there to support and encourage one another, but at the end of the day, we are responsible for our own actions and our own growth in holiness. How are we doing?
We should not be caught up in comparing ourselves to others – this is often detrimental to our development and growth, and creates jealousies or bitterness.
Paul encourages us to show gratitude to those who open God’s word up to us, teach and urge us on in our faith.
How might we grow that as a good habit?
help me to grow ‘in You’,
to become more like Christ each day,
tending to my own discipleship,
my journey deeper in faith
and in living the adventure.
And all for Your glory,
and for the greater impact
of Your kingdom on earth
here and now.
In taking responsibility for your own discipleship, what might be your next stage(s)? What do you need to take you to the next level as a follower of Jesus?
In ‘sharing all good things’ with those who have taught you the faith, what will you do to show your gratitude with those who continue to influence your faith?
All posts in Galatians:
- The final word…GRACE.
- A new creation, bearing the marks of Jesus
- May I never boast except in the cross…
- Continue to do good to all…the harvest is coming!
- Taking responsibility, and sharing all good things
- Live by the Spirit – restore, carry burdens, be alongside…
- The right way – fruitful living
- The wrong way – the way of the flesh
- Walk by the Spirit, led by the Spirit
- Freed to serve, freed to love
- Get back on track
- Danger – falling away from grace
- Freedom…true freedom
- Children of Promise
- ‘Who do you think you are…?’
- In labour…until Christ is birthed in you
- Paul received as an angel from God….
- How could you turn back again….?
- Adopted in His family – Abba – Father, God.
- All are ONE in Christ
- Standing on the promises of God
- Living the ‘promise’
- Great things He has done – so loved He the world
- Through you, all people shall be blessed
- Receive the Spirit, by faith not works
- New life, through faith in Christ, alone…
- Masking the truth….
- God has no favourites….and remember the poor
- Guard against ‘false brothers’, and ‘fake news’ (to quote someone else, today…!)
- Persecutor becomes proclaimer!
- Taking time out…to be with Jesus
- Life changing encounters with Jesus
- ‘Super-good news’ revealed directly through Jesus
- No other gospel
- In a nutshell… the gospel
- Grace and Peace to you
- Living to serve Christ, to please God, and not people…
- Sent by the Lord am I
- What’s In A Name?