19th February 2017
GALATIANS 5 v. 22 – 26
‘But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness,
gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law.
Those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires. Since we live by the Spirit, let us keep in step with the Spirit.
Let us not become conceited,provoking and envying each other.’
There’s a purity about the Spirit-led, Spirit-filled life which exudes the Spiritual fruit – grammatically here, it suggests we’re looking at one fruit with many segments, rather than nine different fruits which we can pick and choose from. The one fruit is tasted in nine different ways.
The purity of this life makes no room for conceit, provocation or envy, but perfects ‘serving one another in love’, and is born out of allowing all our sinfulness, our fleshly desires, to be crucified with Christ, nailed to the cross, and defeated once and for all.
may my soil of my heart
be good soil
for Your fruitfulness to flourish.
May I do nothing out of selfish desire, pride, or to score point over others.
THANK YOU for the cross
where all my sinful desires and deeds are sacrificed for the ability
to walk the true path of righteousness.
fill me, and flow through me,
grow Your fruitfulness in me,
for the sake of the kingdom on earth.
Are we able to rate ourselves on a ‘fruitfulness’ scale?
Where are we ‘out of step with the Spirit’? Patience? Kindness? Self-control?
Seek more of God for that fruit – and, again, accountability to others helps created the good soil for fruit to go – who can you recruit to help you, pray for you, encourage you?
All posts in Galatians:
- The final word…GRACE.
- A new creation, bearing the marks of Jesus
- May I never boast except in the cross…
- Continue to do good to all…the harvest is coming!
- Taking responsibility, and sharing all good things
- Live by the Spirit – restore, carry burdens, be alongside…
- The right way – fruitful living
- The wrong way – the way of the flesh
- Walk by the Spirit, led by the Spirit
- Freed to serve, freed to love
- Get back on track
- Danger – falling away from grace
- Freedom…true freedom
- Children of Promise
- ‘Who do you think you are…?’
- In labour…until Christ is birthed in you
- Paul received as an angel from God….
- How could you turn back again….?
- Adopted in His family – Abba – Father, God.
- All are ONE in Christ
- Standing on the promises of God
- Living the ‘promise’
- Great things He has done – so loved He the world
- Through you, all people shall be blessed
- Receive the Spirit, by faith not works
- New life, through faith in Christ, alone…
- Masking the truth….
- God has no favourites….and remember the poor
- Guard against ‘false brothers’, and ‘fake news’ (to quote someone else, today…!)
- Persecutor becomes proclaimer!
- Taking time out…to be with Jesus
- Life changing encounters with Jesus
- ‘Super-good news’ revealed directly through Jesus
- No other gospel
- In a nutshell… the gospel
- Grace and Peace to you
- Living to serve Christ, to please God, and not people…
- Sent by the Lord am I
- What’s In A Name?