26th January 2017
GALATIANS 3 v. 6 – 9
‘Even so, Abraham believed God, and it was credited to him as righteousness.
Therefore, be sure that it is those who are of faith who are sons of Abraham.
And the Scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the Gentiles by faith, preached the gospel beforehand to Abraham, saying, ‘All people shall be blessed in you.’.
So then those who are of faith are blessed with Abraham, the believer.’
Paul rightly appeals all the way back to the origins of the Jewish faith, in the call to Abraham to believe in God’s promise, that one day his people would be the means for all nations / all peoples to be blessed.
Paul is seeing the fulfillment of this promise before his eyes, as countless Gentiles (literally, ‘all nations / people-groups’) come to faith.
It’s a sign of God’s faithfulness, of keeping His promises.
And for the Wesley brothers, founders of Methodism, a passion that the good news / gospel – this faith – is ‘for all’ people.
help us glimpse
the extent of this truth
that through Your people of faith
(the sons and daughters of Abraham)
all nations, and all peoples will be blessed.
We are blessed to be a blessing.
Remind us again
of the Great Commission
to make disciples of all nations, all peoples.
Help us communicate
by our words and our actions
that Your love, Your grace,
is ‘for all.’
Watch / read the news today with these eyes of faith,
and pray for God’s people everywhere, close-by in every situation
to be a blessing – a ‘light to the nations’.
All posts in Galatians:
- The final word…GRACE.
- A new creation, bearing the marks of Jesus
- May I never boast except in the cross…
- Continue to do good to all…the harvest is coming!
- Taking responsibility, and sharing all good things
- Live by the Spirit – restore, carry burdens, be alongside…
- The right way – fruitful living
- The wrong way – the way of the flesh
- Walk by the Spirit, led by the Spirit
- Freed to serve, freed to love
- Get back on track
- Danger – falling away from grace
- Freedom…true freedom
- Children of Promise
- ‘Who do you think you are…?’
- In labour…until Christ is birthed in you
- Paul received as an angel from God….
- How could you turn back again….?
- Adopted in His family – Abba – Father, God.
- All are ONE in Christ
- Standing on the promises of God
- Living the ‘promise’
- Great things He has done – so loved He the world
- Through you, all people shall be blessed
- Receive the Spirit, by faith not works
- New life, through faith in Christ, alone…
- Masking the truth….
- God has no favourites….and remember the poor
- Guard against ‘false brothers’, and ‘fake news’ (to quote someone else, today…!)
- Persecutor becomes proclaimer!
- Taking time out…to be with Jesus
- Life changing encounters with Jesus
- ‘Super-good news’ revealed directly through Jesus
- No other gospel
- In a nutshell… the gospel
- Grace and Peace to you
- Living to serve Christ, to please God, and not people…
- Sent by the Lord am I
- What’s In A Name?