Tuesday 10th January
GALATIANS 1 v. 1
Okay, so only one word yesterday – ‘Paul’ – and only one today – ‘apostle’.
Paul’s first descriptive word for himself, the way he introduces himself to his readers, is ‘apostolos’, which means ‘one sent out, a special envoy, an ambassador or messenger.
His new identity (along with his new name), having at one time been sent out by men to eradicate the early Christian movement, is as a called and commissioned pioneer missionary, raising up new Christians and planting new churches – going to where God is doing a ‘new thing’.
Lord, help me to reflect upon how I introduce myself to the world –
help me to be bold in identifying myself as called, commissioned, anointed, sent by You.
May that be my primary identity – Your call and purpose for my life.
‘I am no longer my own but Yours Lord; put me to what You will’.
Lord, I give myself to You again today, and I ask You
to guide me,
to protect me,
to bless me,
and to give me opportunities to speak and act in Your name,
and for Your glory and renown.
Ask God to show you how He has specifically called and sent You.
If you get the opportunity today, speak to someone about how God
has called you and sent you to serve Him by serving others…
All posts in Galatians:
- The final word…GRACE.
- A new creation, bearing the marks of Jesus
- May I never boast except in the cross…
- Continue to do good to all…the harvest is coming!
- Taking responsibility, and sharing all good things
- Live by the Spirit – restore, carry burdens, be alongside…
- The right way – fruitful living
- The wrong way – the way of the flesh
- Walk by the Spirit, led by the Spirit
- Freed to serve, freed to love
- Get back on track
- Danger – falling away from grace
- Freedom…true freedom
- Children of Promise
- ‘Who do you think you are…?’
- In labour…until Christ is birthed in you
- Paul received as an angel from God….
- How could you turn back again….?
- Adopted in His family – Abba – Father, God.
- All are ONE in Christ
- Standing on the promises of God
- Living the ‘promise’
- Great things He has done – so loved He the world
- Through you, all people shall be blessed
- Receive the Spirit, by faith not works
- New life, through faith in Christ, alone…
- Masking the truth….
- God has no favourites….and remember the poor
- Guard against ‘false brothers’, and ‘fake news’ (to quote someone else, today…!)
- Persecutor becomes proclaimer!
- Taking time out…to be with Jesus
- Life changing encounters with Jesus
- ‘Super-good news’ revealed directly through Jesus
- No other gospel
- In a nutshell… the gospel
- Grace and Peace to you
- Living to serve Christ, to please God, and not people…
- Sent by the Lord am I
- What’s In A Name?